Miracles of Miracles

It never did occur to me that miracles were performed by Buddha. I have heard of miracles of dead people being brought to life and stones being turned to bread or fish etc but twin miracles? If I have not joined a group of Buddhist pilgrims to Sravasthi, I would never have heard of the twin miracles or Yamaka Pathihariya. Buddha had in, what was also dubbed the Miracle of Sravasti, manifested himself in various positions, seated and standing on lotuses and causing fire and water to emanate from his body. Now, what's good in that, I wonder? I have never been a fan of miracles and if the dead were to be brought to life, so what if they are going to die again? If stones could be turned to food, now that's more practical. Let it be then that all stones be turned to food immediately lest there will be starvation in our world.What then is the importance of the twin miracles? I hope a teacher will explain.

Climbing up to the exact spot where the Twin Miracles were performed...









Comments

If god in incarnation will not show miracles in a positive way, How he will be distinguished from ordinary man!!!Jesus cured a group of people with diseases at a time
footiam said…
Thanks for your comment. Good argument here. I have never seen this point. I used to hear from someone that God is like electricity. You don't see it but you feel it. What do you think of that?