Divine Retribution

So, Palu is in Sulawesi. Even though I've visited Sulawesi years back, I haven't heard of Palu; at least not until someone claimed in Parliament that the recent tsunami and earthquake that struck the capital of the province of Central Sulawesi was God's retribution to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) activities there. In 2015, I remember some Western tourists who posed nude were similarly blamed for a fatal earthquake that occurred in Mount Kinabalu in Sabah, Malaysia. The mountain was supposed to be sacred and the tourists were said to be disrespectful.  In both cases, I suppose victims must have included straights, kids, even virgins; all innocent from LGBT activities, I presume.  Now, I wonder what's the Buddhist's view on divine retribution.

Comments