Sex

Sculptures in a Khajuraho Temple...Just the other day, in BlogCatalog, someone posed the question of who would one want to see naked, Obama or the other older guy running for the US presidency; and in the local newspaper, I caught this interesting article about two DAP assemblymen in Perak, these are opposition men from the Democratic Action Party, now ruling my home state, allegedly being victimized by some people who sent doctored pictures of them naked and in a sex romp via e-mail. Sex is so much in our heads, I suppose, perhaps even in ancient time. One can see erotic carvings as in Kharajuho Temples in India and even in the Five Percepts of Buddhism, there is one pertaining to sex, the third precept Kāmesu micchācāra veramaī sikkhāpada samādiyāmi which means I undertake the training rule to abstain from sexual misconduct. Somewhere I read, sexual misconduct include adultery as well as having sex with an unwilling partner, using force especially and I suppose trickery too. One would suppose that if both parties are willing, having sex would be fine even if the two parties are not married but the same literature had I suppose, realistically said that sex is a mean to perpetuate life and it would be better if one can wait until marriage to engage in this act - one has to think about all the complication and the uncalled pressure from the society - Now, what do you say to that?

Comments

Liudmila said…
Mmmm... I think about one of the positions on that temple... The nearest. Is it necessary to take it for procreation or for pleasure?