Meme: 7 Facts About Me












Witewood's meme for me had me contemplating about this Buddhist concept anatta (Pāli) or anātman (Sanskrit). Anatta which is translated as no-self is said to be one of the first stumbling blocks that Westerners often encounter when they learn about Buddhism. If it is true that there is no self, it was asked then: What is it then that will go through the effects of Karma and go through the cycle of Rebirth? I guess it is not only Westerners that are baffled. I am for one, baffled too. And Witewood's meme actually would have me write seven things about mySELF. Now, I am wondering which SELF I am going to write about, the self that is good or the self that is bad or the self that is in between, the self who is thinking or the self being thought about....yes....it is not easy to write about oneself especially if you are a sort of split personity, a subtle kind though, very unlike the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde type but equally disastrous ! There are so many things that I could write about and I choose then to write about the I in the past, about a child who had since long gone...:

  • I used to hate red and black buttons but they don't bother me now. All buttons serve the same functions.
  • I hate mooncakes too but today's variety are not that bad really though I don't gourge on them.
  • Each time I had a meal, I would push the prawns aside; but now, I'll take them when served especially if they are fresh ; the prawns have died anyway and would have died a meaningless death if they are discarded.
  • I used to believe what I read in books and newspapers but if you think about it, probably you will agree too that if you are not careful, you would type Good as God.
  • I believed in people. I still do but I have to ascertain first if they are black or white.
  • I used to get ignored by people; now, I choose to be the 'ignorant' one.
  • I used to think that I was a genius; now, I am just sane enough.
Now, writing about these 7 things about a past I inadvertedly hits at 7 more things about the present I. Perhaps,there is anatta if one cares to see it...Meanwhile, still mulling, I'll have to pass over this meme to 7 other people and I hope the following will pick it up:



Liudmilla of Lazy Yogi

Ely of Beyond the Horizon

Terrence of My Broken Heart

Kenneth of I Say What I Want

ChampDog

Debasis

Normandb

Comments

mamata said…
Beautifully written my friend but I know the blantant truth
I(CROSS) WANT TO MINGLE WITH THE SOURCE FROM WHERE I(CROSS)HAS COME FROM AND IT DEPENDS ON MY DEEDS ON LIVE'S PLATFORM.Here +(I) CROSS IS SOUL GODBLESS.Debasis here
footiam said…
Now, I am confused!
mamata said…
I means the physical body to which everybody thinks butI cross means the spiritual body my friend and think seriously and search spiritual bodies in any search engine you will find human being has 6 more bodies inside except physical according to prophets.Any doubt pl email me I will clear your doubts thanks debasis here
footiam said…
thanks for the explanation Debasis and I didn't come across this yet, that the human being has 6 more bodies inside. what are they,, I wonder and which prohpet sayys that? It would be nice to know.
Unknown said…
etheric double- which save us from sunlight and wither away after 2 minutes of death. physical,astral,lower mental,higher mental,intuitional,atmic(soul)
thanks fotiam for your inquiry.It is the occult science written in secret doctrine by Blavasky9a buddhist)
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
I'm done with my post, sorry for the delayed response. Do I need to make a wish? hehehehe
footiam said…
thanks too for the information but occult science is really eerie!
footiam said…
thanks Normand.! No, you don't have to make a wish! Make a demand!
Unknown said…
No footiam it is interesting coz when you believe.Every body has its own colour,in future I will write you an email explaing the bodies thanks
footiam said…
Yes, I would be interested to hear what you have to say; but do make it as basic and simple for i don't understand much about this subject. It's not the black art I suppose; no magic stuff too?