Kids' Messages: Kissing in Churches

As a kid in an Asian country, I used to hear of people frowning on the act of showing warmth to others through touching in public, kissing especially. Nevertheless, kissing scenes in Hollywood movies are very common and the fact that people kiss in public buses and trains in the western world often draws positive remarks from some people I know-remarks like: Oh, Westerners are so free, they are so open and know how to enjoy life and the likes. I don't really understand Neil's remark then but I believe in Asia, people like to associate kissing with sex. And then of course, it would not be surprising if there are people who think that kissing shouldn't be done in churches since lots of dirt has always been associated with the subject. The fact that some people think of sex as dirty sometimes makes me wonder why the Creator created sexual organs like the penis and vagina in the first place. Some people say sex is a sin and then what would be better then to procreate through binary fission like the amoeba or paramecium? But then now that the sexual organs has been created, it would be a good idea to look into the third of the Buddhist Five Precepts: Kamesu micchacara veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami (I undertake the precept to refrain from sexual misconduct.) Now, is kissing allowed in churches, I wonder?

Comments

Liudmila said…
Mmmm... and I kiss my dog and cats...
footiam said…
I don't know if the holy book forbids kissing other species.