A New Old Story

Aesop fables have always fascinated me and after all these years, I still find delight in reading them. Just the other day, I read about the beekeeper.I have read stories on a greedy dog and its reflection, a wolf in sheep clothing and the likes but I really have not come across this tale on the beekeeper. The beekeeper is about this beekeeper who came home to find his beehive destroyed by someone and pitying his bees, he had started to mend it. The bees which had just returned home however. thought he was the one who destroyed their homes and went on to sting him. While the story makes me wonder if good actions do indeed bear good tidings, the new old story does indeed show that one cannot get to know all there is in this vast world of knowledge. Didn't Buddha say that if all the knowledge in this world is to be represented by all the leaves in the forest, one could perhaps merely grasp a leaf or two of it? Perhaps, then man need more than a lifetime to master all these knowledge...

Comments

Liudmila said…
Maybe it's the reason why we are so numerous: everybody adds (or takes) a leave to the tree...
footiam said…
Things will always change, I suppose.