Quotes to Ponder: Mark Twain

Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
  • The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.

  • Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
  • It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand.
  • It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them.



  • Samuel Langhorne Clemens , better known as Mark Twain, was an American author and humorist who wrote the Great American Novel, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.

Comments

Mab said…
Wonderful quotes. Thanks for posting them.
footiam said…
You are welcome. I think there's a lot to learn from them.
Liudmila said…
I think to write some words about it too. I like Mark Twain. Unfortunatelly I've never read his books in English.
footiam said…
Read abridged versionsof Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn. Enjoyed them then but can't remember the story now - getting old and forgetful!