Quotes to Ponder: Winston Churchill


  • Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.


  • History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.


  • If you are going through hell, keep going.


  • The price of greatness is responsibility.


  • I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill who led the United Kingdom during World War II served as Prime Minster from 1940 to 1945 and from 1951 to 1955. He was the only British Prime Minister to receive the Nobel Prize in Literature and the first person to be recognised as an Honorary Citizen of the United States.

Comments

Liudmila said…
Poor Maker... How hard is His job to meet every of us...
footiam said…
Yes, How hard is His job! It is not nice to be at the top!