Bliss in Ignorance

There's a young 15 year-old boy  who reminds me of Wentworth Earl Miller, the American actor who played Michael Scofield in Prison Break. I suppose it's his crew cut hair. The boy has bigger eyes, definitely; doe-like and a quiet, innocent demeanour which thus surprises me when I learned he's in a reformed school for boys. It seems the boy has been sent there for a bullying case and a robbery which has resulted in a death. In the latter case, the boy's elder brother purportedly had taken him  along when he went robbing. The boy had just tagged along, not knowing his brother's intention. Perhaps, you've come across people beaming with pride when they fail to perform duties required of them, feigning ignorance sometimes; and proclaiming ignorance is bliss. In a Facebook posting, I've come across someone asking if a person would go to hell if the person breaks the Buddhist Five Precepts. A monk replied in the affirmative and it confused me since I 've not been able to see the concept of hell in Buddhism. That apart, it also really makes me wonder, Is ignorance bliss?


Comments