The Touch


When I saw a young boy touching a girl, I just blurted  out Are you both in love?  Young boys and girls have so much freedom nowadays. In ancient time, in some societies; boys and girls were not allowed to be together, let alone touch each other. Most of the time, it is thought that one thing may lead to another and boys and girls together may become intimate and end up in bed even. I don't know if that's the reason why female devotees are not to touch monks; and never mind that people of the same sex can very well do what people of different sexes do; but when the young girl said You've thought wrong sir! I just couldn't help but be reminded of  Samma sankappa or  Right thought, a component of the Noble Eightfold Path. One just have to have the right thought to end some of our sufferings, I suppose.

Comments