Breaking Precepts

This I've read in the local papers; that China donated corona virus test kits to Japan; but I do wonder about the authenticity of the posting in Facebook that reported that a US transportation plane had instead delivered them all to USA by mistake. The story goes that the kits could not be returned to the rightful owners afterwards since they had all been used. I suppose mistakes like this happen in our daily life and when that happens, it does not tantamount to stealing and breaking the second precept, Adinnadana veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami I undertake the precept to refrain from taking that which is not given, does it? Being a mistake, there isn't an intention in the act, I suppose. Then, there have been lots of fake news going around in Facebook and  elsewhere in the Net and that if done with intention to create discord, especially; it should mean breaking the fourth precept, Musavada veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami I undertake the precept to refrain from incorrect speech.


Comments