I Have a Dream


A dream I had last night seemed like a mini movie. A colleague drove me to a big shopping complex and there I was suddenly with a crowd of strangers, participating in a competition in designing which even though I won, didn't bring much pleasure. Participants were obligated to buy some of the things there. Then, some other colleagues suggested taking photographs for remembrance and there we paraded, walking in style as if in a catwalk as a cameraman snapped our photos. We walked in a line and next moment, everyone was walking out through a door to the car park. I was the last to go. I saw many cars moving, leaving the car park; and I was desperate to find the colleague with whom I had hitched a ride. I walked down a road, looking; and then ended up in a jungle. The shopping complex was up a hill, surrounded by jungle and there I was stranded and not knowing the way back to the shopping complex and having no one to fetch me home. I asked a boy there for direction and managed to get back to a nearly deserted food court which was closing for the night. Then, when I thought of calling my nephew to come fetch me, I recalled having no credit left in my hand phone. Feeling awful, I just thought the best remedy then was just to wake up as I somehow believed that it was just a bad dream I was having and I would most certainly end up back in my room. And indeed, I did wake up from the dream and ended up in my room. It was 6.10 am in the morning. It's a good feeling to just let go.

Comments