Auroras in my Mind


First, there was darkness. Then, there was light.The faint yellow sheen that took over the darkness started to waver like a flame. A little speck of blue grew into a little blue ball of light and flow forth, disappeared; and  gradually was replaced with a yellow one, then a purple one, then yellow again; and it swirled and twirled like a snake. Then, I was reminded of the Northern lights; the natural light display in the Artic sky which Galileo called the aurora borealis. I remember years back when I joined a tour group to Finland and trying hard not to fall asleep in a cold glass igloo in the hope of catching a glimpse of the auroras. Some friends who visited Iceland boasted that they saw the lights on four different occasions while holidaying there for fifteen days and there I was in the Artic for ten and all I saw was snow and more snow. The auroras was elusive except for last night when I woke up with a start at about four in the morning. I went to the toilet to answer the call of nature and could easily go back to sleep. Instead, I sat cross-legged on my bed and closed my eyes. There was auroras in my mind.

Comments