Drink This!


Haven't heard of a duelwa sutra; come to think that it's just the Vinaya that is, rules governing the Sangha but never mind; somewhere I read that in the duelwa sutra, it is said that Buddha had said One is to refrain from drinking even a drop of alcohol and taking intoxicants because they are the cause of heedlessness. If any Buddhists succumb to the lure of intoxicating drinks, they shall not consider me as a teacher. Pretty harsh perhaps, like giving an ultimatum; and doesn't sound very much like the Buddha I have read about and then of course, I wonder if the term Buddhist existed during Buddha's time.  While the fifth Buddhist precept Suramerayamajja pamadatthana veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami I undertake the precept to refrain from intoxicating drinks and drugs which lead to carelessness; clearly discourages drinking; considering that people in the world of different cultures drink some form of alcoholic drinks or other, I'm begining to wonder if it's just natural for human beings to just want to drink...

A short video just for laugh...


Comments