Instant Karma


Of course, this is already old news. U.S. actress Sharon Stone has released a statement apologizing for saying the earthquake that struck Sichuan, China may have been the result of bad karma: Due to my inappropriate words and acts, I feel deeply sorry and sad about hurting Chinese people. I am willing to take part in the relief work of China's earthquake, and wholly devote myself to helping affected Chinese people. I wonder if the statement was penned by her and wonder still if it were not for her insensitive words, will she be ever so willing to devote herself to helping people in distress. Or is it all because Ng See-Yuen, the founder of the UME Cineplex and chairman of the Federation of Hong Kong Filmmakers has made a pledge that his company would not show Stone's films and that she won't be modelling for French fashion house Christian Dior in China anymore. Now, I heard that Karma bears its fruit at different times. Karma, like seeds needing the suitable conditions to germinate, will sometimes bear its fruits in one's lifetime and for others, you won't see it work until the next lifetime or the next or the next. Now that Sharon Stone has uttered an insensitive statement and has stepped on some toes, I wonder if there is such a thing as instant karma...

Comments

Author said…
Hello,

I was looking for a 'contact me' link but I could not find one, so I leave this comment for you.
Would you be interested in adding a link to my blog 'Healing philosophy' at www.healingphilosophy.com ?
Of course, you will find a link to your blog there.
Also, I would like to republish your post 'Buddha a taurus?' if you agree, with a credit.
Let me know what you decide.

Thanks,

Alex
Author said…
PS You can reach me at lexas4 'at' gmail.com

Alex
footiam said…
Alex, It's fine with me if you want to republish 'Is Buddha a Taurus'? If you visit my blog, you'll find I have linked you up. Yours is a great blog with lots of things to learn!
Author said…
Thank you Footiam, that is a very encouraging comment coming from you! I will put up your post right now.
Liudmila said…
:))) as for me, karma are not seeds, they are a guano that forms on the floor of our soul.
footiam said…
Guano are good for plants!
footiam said…
Guano are good for plants!
Liudmila said…
Yes, but if you are not very careful on this dangerous floor, you can fall down and even die.
footiam said…
Whose Karma is that I wonder - the floor's?