A Case of Karma


A young man I know met with an accident and went into a coma. I heard the accident happened in the early morning when his friend drove him and a group of other  young men back to the campus where he was pursuing an engineering course. It seemed that the driver was sleepy and the car had hit a divider. The young man was initially reported to be in critical condition but later, his condition stabilized. Then, just when you'd think everything would end well, there came the sudden shocking news of his demise. My friend, Andy and many other Buddhists would probably attribute this to karma. Some others perhaps, would rather have it that sometimes, things just happen. Especially when it involved inanimate things, karma doesn't sound convincing as a driving force. I heard the driver did not attend the young man's funeral; dared not, it's suspected, probably because of fear or guilt. That's more a case of karma, I suppose.




Comments