Three in One Dream

Dreams which come in snatches sometimes make me wonder. There, in my three in one dream; I was a little boy at my old home. I slipped an important document into a crack of a wooden board and a flash flood washed it away, only for it to be recovered later. Father said our house had good Fengsui and mother was busy preparing food for the family. Then, I was an adult again; groggy in bed and trying very hard to get up just as my niece was trying to set up the place for a family party. I did manage to get up; and while making my way to the bathroom, the maid carrying a pail, unassumingly overtook me and instead of entering the bathroom, proceeded to wipe the wall at the back portion of the house. Then, the scene changed again and I was at an exhibition hall. A man there called out to his son and laughingly, read out to him the Chinese words on a poster: 人人有父, 人人有母, 我母是我父. Everyone has a father, everyone has a mother, my mother is my father. Both my parents have long passed away. While they were of people past and my niece and maid were of people present, I wonder if the man and the boy were of the future; or if you believe in rebirth and reincarnation, people from a past life perhaps?

Comments